There’s nothing better than a big hearty bowl of soup on a rainy day. My Potato soup is so easy to make and is a great base for adding any of your favorite meats or vegetables. Go thru your refrigerator and use up that left over ham, chicken or turkey. If you’re a clam lover, add a can of clams with the juice for a delicious clam chowder. I used broccoli in mine but cauliflower would also be good. Or leave them both out if you’re not a fan. Be sure to toast a nice crusty bread for dipping.
In a big pot bring ingredients below to a boil and let simmer until vegetables and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally:
- 4 cups chicken broth (1 32 oz box)
- 4 med. potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 2 green onions – diced
- 1 celery – diced
- 1 med. carrot – diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (optional)
- 2 cups cut up fresh broccoli (optional)
- 2 tsps vinegar (don’t be afraid of this, you won’t taste it and it keeps the potatoes from discoloring)
- Salt-pepper and crushed pepper flakes
Whisk 2 1/2 cups of milk with 2 tbls. of flour. Add to soup along with 2 cups of shredded cheese (I use mexican cheese blend) and 6 strips of cooked crumbled bacon. Stir until slightly thickened.
Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!