Try a new twist to an old favorite. Add avocado’s and bake instead of frying the chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts very thin in between plastic wrap.
- Dredge your chicken in 3 different dishes. First in flour, then in an egg and milk mix, last in bread crumbs.
- Place on foil lined pan and spray the top of each chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until brown and chicken is cooked.
- Remove from oven and spread prepared tomato sauce on each chicken.
- Slice avocado and place slices on each piece of chicken
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
Serve with salad and pasta. Top with parmesan cheese.
When I was little we always knew when our Mom made a Turkey that meant Turkey Taco’s the next day. This is so simple and so good. Serve in taco shells or eat as a salad with your favorite salsa or taco sauce. With just a few ingredients, you have a great quick dinner or snack.
- Cut up leftover Turkey
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped green onions
- chopped celery
- cut up black olives
- grated cheese
- shredded lettuce
- salt and pepper
I’ve made this also with chicken and added avocado and cilantro. For extra heat dice up a jalapeno.
Did you know that you can use any cake mix and turn it into cookie dough to make cookies. This is a perfect idea when you’re in a hurry. There’s so many flavors of cake mixes. Try german chocolate, lemon, strawberry, funfetti or devils food, the list goes on….
1 box of cake mix (any flavor!)
1/2 cup butter – softened
Roll out on a floured surface, cut and decorate. I use cake frosting for the icing.
For an even quicker shortcut, roll dough into balls and bake to end up with round cookies. Sandwich two together with ice cream…YUM!
Bake at 350 for 6-7 minutes
I bought a small box at the dollar store for a quick small batch of cookies. I only used 1/4 cup butter and 1 egg white for these that my granddaughter decorated! Merry Christmas!
I love making different combinations of sandwiches. A well made sandwich in my opinion is all about how you put it together. You want a sandwich that will stay together and not fall apart when you bite into it.
Follow my ingredients in order and you’ll end up with a perfect grilled sandwich that will taste great to the last bite! This would be a fantastic Lunch!
I assembled this in the pan in order:
- Butter one piece of bread (I used whole wheat) place butter side down in your pan.
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced hard-boiled egg (add pepper at this time)
- Cooked bacon
- More grated mozzarella cheese
- Another slice of bread buttered. Buttered side up.
Grill until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Flip over and grilled the other side.
I also made potato chips that was so easy and healthier than frying them in oil.
I sliced red potatoes (skin on) paper-thin. Toss in extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt. For an added kick I also added some cayenne pepper.
Lay in a glass dish that I sprayed with cooking spray in a single layer. Microwave for about 2 minutes. Flip over and microwave another 1 to 2 minutes. This really depends on your microwave and how thin you slice the potatoes. Be sure and watch them closely the first time not to over cook. They should be golden brown. Let cool and I guarantee you they will be crunchy! Enjoy!
This is one of the best soups I’ve made this year…it tastes just like lasagna. So easy and so good. Thank you Bobby Dean for the recipe!! Another winner I will be making a lot!
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 lb. of ground italian sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 (32 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) petite dice tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers
- about 4 broken whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven. Add the sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is crumbled and browned, 8 – 10 minutes.
Add the broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended, about 20 minutes. Add the noodles; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the soup thickens slightly and the noodles are tender, 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in mozzarella, basil, and the Parmesan. (whole-wheat lasagna noodles take a little longer to cook.)
Serve with your favorite crusty bread or bread sticks. Enjoy!