All you need is 15 minutes in the morning and you’ll have dinner ready that night! This was literally so easy. I did a little chopping, opened up a couple of cans and turned on my crock pot. Bursting with flavor. Just make a quick mexican rice (I cheated and used MJB’s mexican rice in a box) and dinner is ready!
The best part is if you don’t have all these ingredients you can substitute to your taste. You might want to add corn and green peppers. Not a fan of beans, then leave them out. Look in your pantry for ideas, that’s what I did!
- about 8 frozen boneless chicken thighs (doesn’t get much easier)
- 1 28 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 16 oz. can black beans with jalapeno’s – drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chili’s
- 1 diced celery stalk
- 2 chopped jalapeno – seeded
- Hand full of chopped fresh cilantro
- about 2 tablespoons of cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 2 diced adobe chipotle peppers
- couple pinches of kosher salt
Mix all above ingredients in your crock pot. Turn on low for at least 8 to 9 hours. Break up the chicken with a spoon when done and serve over rice with tortilla chips. Add a dollop of sour cream!