This is one of those dishes where I just winged it. I’ll try and remember how I made it because it came out so good!!! Serve with garlic bread and salad.
1. A mixture of beef and Italian sausage, about 1 lb.
2. 1/2 diced onion
3. 3 minced garlic cloves
4. 1 diced zucchini
5. 1 large can of San Marzano tomatoes
6. 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
7. 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
8. Parmesan cheese
9. Herbs de provence, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, pepper and a pinch of crushed red peppers
10. Penne pasta, about 1/2 a box
In a large pan sauté onions garlic and zucchini in olive oil. Add beef/sausage mixture and brown.
Add tomatoes and spices. (I used about a teaspoon of each and about 2 tsp. of the herb de provence.
Mix well and then add the ricotta.
Boil your pasta and drain. I did this while I was cooking the meat mixture so it would be ready when I was done.
Pour in your meat and add 1 cup of mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Transfer into a baking dish and top with the remaining 1cup of cheese and some Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350 deg. oven for about 1/2 hour. Enjoy!